- Objective: To uphold the concept of purifying the human mind by capturing Humanistic Buddhism’s truth, good, and beauty through the camera lens. To demonstrate life’s warmth and passion through the silent expression of photos, saving timeless moments for the human world.
- Organizer: Buddha’s Light International Association World Headquarters
Executive Organizer: BLIA World Headquarters Photography and Painting Art Committee
Co-organizers: BLIA Chapters, BLTV (Beautiful Life Television), and Merit Times.
(1) Characters: Fo Guang members, including Scouts, BLIA Young Adults can be documented, such as the joy of volunteers while serving etc.
(2) Activities: Culture, education, charity, environmental protection, interfaith exchanges etc.
(3) Spirituality: The concepts of Humanistic Buddhism such as equality, compassion, the Five Harmonies (Individual harmony achieved through joy; Interpersonal harmony achieved through respect; Family harmony achieved through deference; Social harmony achieved through cooperation; World harmony achieved through peace.) etc.
- Eligibility: All who enjoy photography are welcome to participate.
(1) Group A: Electronic files taken by traditional or digital cameras.
(2) Group B: Electronic files taken by mobile phones.
Note: Each person can participate in 1-2 groups. The total number of entries submitted to a group is limited to 3 pieces.
Specifications: Please refer to the “Entry Specification” (Appendix A).
Deadline: Now until July 10, 2018.
- Awards: For selected entries, each person will be awarded US$100 and a certificate to be presented at the 2018 World General Conference. (There will be a bonus reward for exceptional entry). If no entries meet the selection criteria, there will be no selection as agreed by the jury committee.
- Evaluation: The organizer recruits a judging committee to evaluate the entries (see “Entry Specification”).
- Publishing of Winners: In addition to notifying individual winners, a list of winners will be published on BLTV (Beautiful Life Television), the Merit Times, and BLIA World Headquarters website.
- Guidelines: Please download from the BLIA World Headquarters website http://www.blia.org
Enquiry: Ven. You Rong of BLIA World Headquarters
(1) Number of Entries: Each person can participate in 1-2 groups. The total number of entries submitted to a group is limited to 3 pieces.
(2) All entries must be participants own creation: The contestant must own the full copyright of the work and is not allowed to participate in the name of others. If a third party disputes the winning work and the organizer finds out the dispute is true, the contestant is disqualified (the placing is not supplemented) and the reward is confiscated. It is the sole responsibility of the contestant; the organizer is not responsible for the violation of copyright or other legal related liabilities.
(3) Valid entries:
I. All submitted photo entries must be taken within a year (07/2017~06/2018).
II. Each entry must be accompanied by a description.
III. Group A (traditional or digital camera shooting)
i. After the image file is compressed, the file size must be less than 5MB in JPEG format. The image size must be 8 million pixels (2400*3600 width and height, 300 dpi).
ii. The work must be completed in one shot. Only brightness, contrast, color saturation, sharpness, and color shift corrections can be adjusted. Continuous operation, plagiarism, decoration, additive color, heavy exposure, modification, grid placement, and synthesis (including increasing or decreasing the elements of the original image), etc. will not be accepted.
(4) Group B (mobile phone shooting)
I. Any works taken with mobile phone or tablet, including iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Android mobile phone and tablet, and Windows mobile phone. It is permissible to use the APP on the mobile device to edit the basic necessary images; other special effects or synthesis are prohibited.
II. Do not over-compress the picture. The image size must be more than 10 megapixels (10 million pixels).
III. Participants must state and guarantee:
i. The photos are original, and have the copyright to the photos;
ii. Photos do not violate the rights of any third parties.
iii. Photos do not convey false or misleading impressions.
ix. Other information submitted is accurate.
(5) All entries will not be returned.
- Note: When sending, please submit both the entry and registration form to the organizer.
- BLIA agrees for winners to retain their winning entries in duplicates.
- Participants are deemed to agree with the provisions of this entry specification.
- Disclaimer: The full copyright of the winning entries will be owned by Fo Guang Shan Temple and BLIA. Fo Guang Shan Temple and BLIA will have the right to display at any location, to use it in any way, and to authorize the use of third parties. All the above is for free use without compensation. The winner cannot revoke this authorization.
- Relevant information of the event is available on the website of the organizer: BLIA World Headquarters website: http://www.blia.org