To spread truth, kindness, and beauty of the world in response to the Three Acts of Goodness, “do good deeds, speak good words, and have good thoughts,” as advocated by Venerable Master Hsing Yun. The “Three Acts of Goodness Microfilm Contest” aims to inspire talents in different regions to present the most beautiful and kindest stories in life in microfilm format, joining together to promote love and peace in the world.
Impermanence is Invaluable ~ “Wabi-Sabi”
“People will not enjoy a thousand good days; flowers do not bloom for a hundred days.” This is an illustration of impermanence! “The moon wanes and waxes from month to month; people’s fortunes ebb and flow from day to day.” This also expresses the meaning of impermanence!
Impermanence signifies change and movement. It applies to all matters and people in the world, you and I, animate and inanimate, none can escape from the ever-changing nature.
- Online submission: December 1, 2022 to June 30, 2023. The artworks will be evaluated by the Institute-in-Charge and the accepted entries will be available for online voting.
Voting period: July 15 - 31, 2023
- Evaluation by judges: In August 2023 (the exact time and place of which will be announced by the Institute-in-Charge).
- Announcement of results: In October 2023 (the exact time of which will be announced by the Institute-in-Charge).
- Citizens of any country, 18 years old and above with imagination, creativity, and a passion for making videos and movies.
- Contestants are not allowed to register multiple times or submit multiple entries.
- Contestants can apply as an individual or as a group.
First Step：Complete online registration form, download the Authorization Letter, which should be completed and signed before scanning into e-file for uploading as attachment. The artwork entry is to be uploaded to YouTube as a non-public/private link for the Institute-in-Charge to evaluate.
Second Step：Upon notification of approval, please artwork re-upload to contestant’s own Google Drive as a sharing link.Registration is then complete.
Please see the contest’s website for details: blia.org/3goodnessfilm-activities-en
- Incorporate within the storyline FGS’s three acts of goodness spirit, do good deeds, speak good words, think good thoughts.
- Legally all copyright videos. The movie can be filmed with any video and/or audio equipment, but should be rich in elements of story and music.
- The movie cannot contradict public order or the mores of kindness and benevolence.
- The length of the artwork entry, including opening and ending, must be least 3 minutes long but no longer than 30 minutes.
- The movie format should be in MP4 and HD (1920×1080).
- No individual name or team name is allowed to appear anywhere in the film. The BLIA logo is to appear at the ending, the file of which can be downloaded at:https://reurl.cc/ldRkkv
- Production of the original artwork should be finished after June 30, 2020.
- Chinese or English subtitles are to be included in the film.
- The Institute-in-Charge will notify the contestants who failed to follow all the listed requirements and give them a deadline to make rectifications. Contestants who failed to rectify by the deadline given will be deemed as forfeiting their right to contest.
- First Prize: US$10,000
- Second Prize: US$8,000
- Third Prize: US$6,000
- Honorable Mention: US$600
- Preferred: 100 finalists
＊Subject to taxes according to the law.
- First Round – qualification evaluation and internet voting
Institute-in-Charge will evaluate if the film is in accordance with this contest’s theme and whether it has met all the requirements. All the contesting entries that have passed evaluation will be available at BLIA World Headquarters Facebook page for followers to vote on. The results will be tallied according to the number of likes on Facebook plus the number of shares, and refer to the number of people watching the video. The top 10 entries will enter the final round.
- Website for selection of works：https://www.facebook.com/bliawhq/videos
- First Round – judging standards.
1) Theme expression: 50% (must be close to the theme)
2) Creativity: 30% (imaginative and creative presentation)
3) Overall presentation: 20% (film is complete in its production)
【Announcement of Results】
Winning entries will be recognized with awards in October 2023 tentatively. Announcement will be made at BLIA World Headquarters Facebook page and BLIA World Headquarters official website. And winners will be duly notified. The time of announcement will be decided by BLIA World Headquarters.