To spread truth, kindness, and beauty of the world in response to the Three Acts of Goodness: “do good deeds, speak good words, and have good thoughts,” as advocated by Venerable Master Hsing Yun. The “Three Acts of Goodness Microfilm Contest ” aims to inspire talents in different regions to present the most beautiful and kindest stories in life in microfilm format, joining together to promote love and peace in the world.
Memories are like a paradise, awaken the good memories, that sincerely moved.
Keep the flow of time in the story, shoot the film to record, that never forget the good times.
- Online submission: December 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020. The artworks will be evaluated by the Institute-in-Charge and the accepted entries will be available for online voting.Voting period: July 15, 2020 to July 31, 2020.
- Evaluation by judges: In August 2020 (the exact time and place of which will be announced by the Institute-in-Charge).
- Announcement of results: In February 2021 (the exact time of which will be announced by the Institute-in-Charge).
- Citizens of any country, 18 years old and above with imagination, creativity, and a passion for making videos and movies.
- Contestants are not allowed to register multiple times or submit multiple entries.
- Contestants can apply as an individual or as a group.
First Step：Complete online registration form, download the Authorization Letter, which should be completed and signed before scanning into e-file for uploading as attachment. The artwork entry is to be uploaded to YouTube as a non-public/private link for the Institute-in-Charge to evaluate.
- The name of the film should follow the standard:“Three Acts of Goodness Microfilm – XXXXX,”for instance, “Three Acts of Goodness Microfilm – Reunion dinner.”
- Incorporate within the storyline FGS’s three acts of goodness spirit: do good deeds, speak good words, think good thoughts.
- Legally all copyright videos. The movie can be filmed with any video and/or audio equipment, but should be rich in elements of story and music. legally all copyright videos.
- The movie cannot contradict public order or the mores of kindness and benevolence.
- The length of the artwork entry, including opening and ending, must be least 2 minutes long but no longer than 15 minutes.
- The movie format should be in MP4 and HD (1920×1080).
- No individual name or team name is allowed to appear anywhere in the film. The BLIA logo is to appear at the ending, the file of which can be downloaded at:http://bit.ly/2JBw9fL
- Production of the original artwork should be finished after June 30, 2019.
- Chinese or English subtitles are to be included in the film.
- The Institute-in-Charge will notify the contestants who failed to follow all the listed requirements and give them a deadline to make rectifications. Contestants who failed to rectify by the deadline given will be deemed as forfeiting their right to contest.
- Preferred: 100 finalists
- Honorable Mention: US$500
- Third Prize: US$1,000
- Second Prize: US$2,000
- First Prize: US$3,000
- BLIA Collaboration Award: US$30,000
BLIA the organizer is to provide US$30,000 as production fees (as production fees) in appointing the winning production team to produce another movie. The content of the project will be further discussed and agreed upon between BLIA and the winning team for signing a contract for the purpose.
＊Subject to taxes according to the law.
- First Round –
qualification evaluation and internet voting Institute-in-Charge will evaluate if the film is in accordance with this contest’s theme and whether it has met all the requirements. All the contesting entries that have passed evaluation will be available at BLIA World Headquarters Facebook page for followers to vote on. The results will be tallied according to the number of likes on Facebook plus the number of shares. The top 10 entries will enter the final round.
- Website for selection of works：http://bit.ly/2lj7SAZ
- First Round – judging standards.
1) Theme expression: 50% (must be close to the theme)
2) Creativity: 30% (full of imagination and creativity)
3) Overall presentation: 20% (film is complete in its production)
【Announcement of Results】
Winning entries will be recognized with awards at the BLIA Directors Meeting in 3 February 2021. Announcement will be made at BLIA World Headquarters Facebook page and BLIA World Headquarters official website. And winners will be duly notified. The time of announcement will be decided by BLIA World Headquarters.